Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Prince William and Princess Kate received $30,000,000 Payday this year as they gained access to…….see more

Published

on

Prince William and Princess Kate,

 

 

Prince William and Princess Kate received a $30 million payday this year as they gained access to their first full year’s income from the Duchy of Cornwall estate.

William became the Duke of Cornwall when his father, King Charles III, acceded to the throne in 2022. The title is held by the monarch’s eldest son and is passed automatically upon accession.

The title comes with a large estate of land and investment holdings, the profits from which have historically provided the duke with a private income to fund his personal life and the staff, travel and costs associated with his official duties.

According to its newly published annual report, this year, the duchy generated a surplus profit of £23.6 million ($30.4 million) from rents and investments. This was down by £400,000 ($516,485) from last year. However, this is the first year that William and Kate have received the full amount.

 

Prince William and Princess Kate

For the 2022/2023 financial year, the couple received £5.9 million ($7.6 million) as the prince took over the duchy part way through the term.

The finances regularly become a talking point in Britain when the Duchy of Cornwall’s annual review is published each year. Though it is not public money, the inherited nature of the estate and the ways in which the duchy historically acquired land and property is debated.

The duchy holds over $1 billion in property holdings across 52,250 hectares (slightly over 129,112 acres) of land and over $100 million in financial assets.

According to the organization, the surplus income “meets the cost of the official, charitable, and private lives of their royal highnesses the Prince and Princess of Wales and their children.”

Like his father, William pays income tax on the Duchy funds he receives at the standard U.K. rate once the official costs have been deducted.

So far, 2024 has seen William and Kate take on a reduced public-facing role as the princess has experienced health challenges, leading to a cancer diagnosis, which was announced in March.

High-profile engagements and overseas visits were canceled as Kate began her course of preventive chemotherapy treatment, and William paused his diary to spend time with her during this period to support their family.

As the prince resumed his schedule of commitments, Kate announced in June that while continuing her treatment, she hoped to begin undertaking some work from home and public appearances over the summer.

prince-william-duchy-cornwall

The princess attended the Trooping the Colour celebrations on June 15 and the Wimbledon Tennis Championship’s men’s singles final on July 14.

The reduced working output of the prince and princess in the past year is likely to anger anti-monarchists who have in the past objected to the duchy income going into royal hands.

In 2023, CEO of Republic (Britain’s main anti-monarchist group) Graham Smith told Newsweek that for William to draw the duchy income showed a “lack of serious scrutiny.”

“William likes to claim he works hard, adding one issue after another to his list of missions. First, he’ll tackle Middle East peace, then the environment, and now homelessness. The truth is he barely works at all,” he said.

“It takes a deep sense of entitlement and a complete lack of serious scrutiny for William, Kate, and the others to rake in multimillion pound fortunes, to enjoy the status and privileges of their positions while doing so little.”

In addition to being a property holding and financial investment organization, the Duchy of Cornwall enacts several social initiatives to support tenants and Britain’s rural communities.

These include environmental stewardship investments, mental health programs, and a new housing project to tackle homelessness.

The Duke of Marlborough has filed for divorce from his wife
CELEBRITY2 hours ago

JUST IN: Duke of Marlborough with incredible £183m fortune files for divorce from wife of 23 years

meghan markle and Donald Trump
CELEBRITY2 hours ago

BREAKING NEWS: Meghan Markle dealt major blow as Donald Trump turns on her in brutal mocking

Taylor and Travis Kelce smilling
CELEBRITY2 days ago

WATCH: Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift Can’t Keep Their Hands Off Each Other During a Romantic Outing at the US Open Miami, with Taylor Whispering, ‘He’s My Favorite Person to Be With,’ Confirming They’re Still the Hottest Celebrity Couple Around

Taylor and Travis at night club
CELEBRITY2 days ago

Travis Kelce isn’t just playing the game—he’s rewriting the rules. In a move straight out of a love story, the NFL star has cooked up a heartfelt plan to seal his bond with Taylor Swift forever. Insiders spill the details on the smitten gesture that’s bound to send Swifties into an emotional whirlwind… Read more below 

Travis K and Taylor S
CELEBRITY2 days ago

BREAKING NEWS: Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce ‘Happy Place’ House-Hunting to ‘Settle Down’ Outside Kansas City amid Split and Retirement rumor

Taylor-Swift and Travis-Kelce
CELEBRITY2 days ago

JUST IN: Believe it not Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce planning major move from Kansas City after Retirement rumour

Rafael Nadal and his wife Mery Xisca Perello
CELEBRITY2 days ago

BREAKING NEWS: Rafael Nadal and Mery Xisca Perello are happy to announce the birth of their second baby, marking the beginning of the countdown to their growing family after his….see more

Taylor Swift Pregnacy,
CELEBRITY2 days ago

NOW OR NEVER: 2-minutes ago Taylor Swift Announce the Truth about her Pregnancy Amid Reports She Wants to ‘Start a Family’ With Travis Kelce

American flags fly outside a car dealership in Alhambra, California
CELEBRITY3 days ago

JUST IN: Looming car tariffs have some Americans rushing to dealerships to avoid sticker shock as Donald Trump announced….see more

Travis Kelce mansion
CELEBRITY3 days ago

JUST IN: 3 minutes ago Fox News has just reported that Taylor Swift has urgently left her mansion, and has reportedly flown to Travis Kelce’s $6 million mansion in Kansas City. The sudden decision has sparked widespread curiosity and concern among fans. According to reports, the Urgent call prompted her immediate departure. Upon her arrival at Kelce’s mansion to ‘confirm the news’, a moving truck was seen leaving the property, adding to the speculation about the nature of the situation.The reason behind Swift’s urgent visit and the presence of the moving truck remains unclear.

Taylor and Travis at night club
CELEBRITY3 weeks ago

Video of Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce enjoying low-key NYC date night during ‘precious’ work hiatus

Taylor and Travis at night club
CELEBRITY3 weeks ago

Travis Kelce convinced Taylor Swift and also proved himself an ‘OG Swiftie’ with key New Heights comment that Swifties can’t stop talking about…..see more

Copyright © 2024 USApixell